St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School Pinjarra has a long association with Pinjarra and its surrounding areas.
Beginning as a boarding and day school, founded by the Sisters of St Joseph, in Jarrahdale in 1925, the School moved to its current site in 1934. From 1934 until 1954 the School operated out of the homestead located at the back of this property.
In 1954, a three-roomed brick and tile school was erected and officially opened by Archbishop Prendiville and Father Rupert Kelly, who was the parish priest at the time.
Until 1967 St Joseph’s ran primary and high school classes. In 1968 St Joseph’s consolidated operations to run solely as a Primary School offering classes from Yr1 to Year7.
Over the intervening 50 years buildings and facilities have been added as the School continued to grow. St Joseph’s now comprises year classrooms, specialist areas, custom built playing courts and coming in 2022 custom built science and investigation areas.
From humble beginnings, and the tireless efforts of the Sisters of St Joseph’s, St Joseph’s Pinjarra is today a co-educational primary school offering classes from Pre-Kindergarten to Year Six.